“Civic leadership is the ability to use all knowledge and resources to impact communities through social responsibility in order to address a communal issue. Civic leaders are innovative and authentic towards a vision that transforms their communities, and have values to achieve such vision regardless of social, economic, or political obstacles. Civic leaders have the empathy to tolerate and respect differences constructively, and will always be committed to their communities and beyond.”
The first ikteshaaf fellowship program was launched in February 2016. The ikteshaaf fellowship is a two year civic education program that consists of nine modules. Each module focuses on one of our nine values. The ikteshaaf fellowship is open to 10 Egyptian university students and recent graduates up to 24 years old from all academic backgrounds and diverse career aspirations, and who are committed to discover their potential to become civic leaders in their communities and beyond.
- The first module focuses on the value of ‘hypothesizing’, where fellows develop the curiosity towards learning and community building, beginning their ‘discovery’ journey towards become civic leaders in their communities and beyond.
- The second module focuses on the value of ‘knowledge sharing’, where each fellow discuss a topic of their choice with the ikteshaaf community to encourage an educational citizen-to-citizen interactive learning environment and holistic learning because of the knowledge sharing diversity.
- The third module focuses on the value of ‘empathy’ and fellows learn how to foster their emotional intelligence to strengthen their interpersonal and intrapersonal relationships within their communities.
- The fourth module focuses on the value of ‘faith’ and fellows learn how to strengthen their inner voice and trust.
- The fifth module focuses on the value of ‘tolerance’ and fellows learn how to accept differences within our communities constructively.
- The sixth module focuses on the value of ‘authenticity’ and fellows appreciate the originality of creative ideas and concepts in our communities.
- The seventh module focuses on the value ‘innovation’ and fellows are encouraged to in a creative learning journey towards communal transformation.
- The eighth module focuses on the value of ‘social responsibility’ and fellows become civic leaders who are committed to communal transformation.
- The ninth module focuses on the value of ‘achievement’ and fellows apply their sustainable goals and vision to continue the communal transformation journey as civic leaders.